“Integrating the Genius platform’s capabilities with Squirrel’s POS is going to open up a new level of payments choice and flexibility for their merchants,” said Ken Paull, CRO of Cayan. “The payments industry is complex and shifting — especially in the hospitality industry. Our mission is to arm partners like Squirrel and its resellers with the technology they need to stay nimble and prepared for what comes next.”
The Cayan Genius platform delivers a fully-configurable, cloud-based payment solution that allows merchants and restaurants to manage the customer experience across locations and between channels, all while keeping cardholder data off the point-of-sale system. Additionally, merchants have complete flexibility in processors through Cayan’s EMV acquirer-agnostic gateway.
Genius includes multiple customer engagement options, including: a countertop version which is great for QSR and counter service, the Genius Handheld™, which can be used to enable pay-at-the-table to help turn tables faster and eliminate the need for wait staff to handle credit cards, and the newly previewed Genius Mini™, a new mobile payment device which allows businesses to expand their footprint to food trucks, farmer’s markets, home delivery and more.
Additionally, Squirrel resellers can quickly and easily get their customers set up with Genius and take advantage of its ability to:
- Customize tip suggestions
- Process one-swipe bar tabs with rapid EMV transactions
- Provide on-screen digital signature capture and online, digital storage and retrieval
- Accept mobile, credit, debit and gift card payment types
- Connect to most of the major gift and loyalty processors including Value Link, SVS, and Givex
- Remain secure and scalable, ensuring full encryption and tokenization
- Future-proof the payment process, allowing customers to stay on top of industry changes
“Integrating with Cayan not only gives us the ability to provide additional EMV solutions in the U.S. for our customers, it also allows our merchants to create high-value customer experiences like pay-at-the-table,” said Joe Cortese, Vice President of Product Development at Squirrel Systems. “As EMV becomes more entrenched in the hospitality industry, providing guests with the most security and assurance is paramount, and Cayan’s solution is allowing us to do that.